Dec. 13, 2013
Final Stats |
- With today’s victory, USC advances to the regional final of the NCAA tournament for the fourth consecutive year. It is the ninth time in head coach Mick Haley’s 13-year tenure with the Trojans.
- USC improved to 11-5 all-time against BYU and 6-1 in postseason matches against the Cougars.
- The Trojans won their seventh straight match and extended their season-long set winning streak to 20.
- The Trojans out-hit BYU, .400 to .235, and have posted a better hitting percentage than their opponent 31 times in 34 matches this season.
- USC won its eighth straight home match and improved to 108-11 (.908) all-time at the Galen Center.
- The Trojans improved to 12-5 all-time in matches played on Friday the 13th.
- Sophomore OH Samantha Bricio had five service aces to push her season total to 85 and is now just two from tying the second-highest single-season mark in Pac-12 history (87 by Teresa Smith of Stanford in 1986). It is the seventh time in her career that she has had at least five aces in a match; the 13th time that she has had at least three in a single match this season. It is also Bricio’s 10th straight match with at least one ace and the 32nd match (out of 34) with at least one this season.
- Bricio passed April Ross (2003) and Diane Copenhagen (2006) for points in a single season at USC. She now has 535.0 for eighth place in the Trojan record books.
- Senior libero Natalie Hagglund reached 626 digs on the season (the highest single-season mark in her career) and moved ahead of a record she held herself for third place in single-season digs at USC.
- Sophomore middle blocker Alicia Ogoms made her first start of the season.