Dec. 6, 2013
Final Stats |
- With today’s victory, USC advances to the regional semifinals of the NCAA tournament for the fourth consecutive year. It is the 10th time in head coach Mick Haley’s 13-year tenure with the Trojans.
- USC improved to 24-1 all-time against Cal State Northridge and has won 17 straight over the Matadors. The Trojans’ all-time record includes a 3-0 margin in postseason matches with CSUN.
- The Trojans won their sixth straight match and their 18th straight set. The 18 sets is the Trojans’ longest set winning streak of the season. They previously won 14 in a row from Sept. 14-25.
- The Trojans out-hit CSUN, .340 to .144, and have posted a better hitting percentage than their opponent 30 times in 33 matches this season.
- USC won its seventh straight home match and improved to 107-11 (.907) all-time at the Galen Center.
- Sophomore OH Samantha Bricio had two service aces to push her season total to 80 as she moved into a third-place tie with Kiyomi Morino of Arizona (1987) for single-season aces in Pac-12 history. It is also Bricio’s ninth straight match with at least one ace and the 31st match (out of 33) with at least one this season.
- Bricio passed Keao Burdine’s 2004 mark of 500.0 points to move into 10th place at USC with 505.0 points. She also owns the seventh best record with 567.0 points in 2012.
- Freshman OH Ebony Nwanebu had her streak of double-digit kills in a match snapped at 11. She finished the night with four kills.