Dec. 6, 2013
Final Stats |
- With today’s victory, USC has advanced to the second round of the NCAA tournament in 23 consecutive years; all 13 times in head coach Mick Haley’s tenure with the Trojans.
- The Trojans met and defeated New Hampshire for just the second time in program history. The only other time USC faced the Wildcats, it also won, 3-0, in the first round of the 2003 NCAA championships en route to the second of back-to-back national titles.
- USC won its fifth straight match and its 15th straight set. The 15 sets is the Trojans’ longest set winning streak of the season. They previously won 14 in a row from Sept. 14-25.
- The Trojans out-hit New Hampshire, .571 to .013, and have posted a better hitting percentage than their opponent 29 times in 32 matches this season.
- USC won its sixth straight home match and improved to 106-11 (.906) all-time at the Galen Center.
- Sophomore OH Samantha Bricio had four service aces to push her season total to 78 and within two of tying Kiyomi Morino of Arizona (1987) for the third highest single-season total in Pac-12 history. It is the 12th time this season that she has had at least three aces in a match. It is also Bricio’s eighth straight match with at least one ace and the 30th match (out of 32) with at least one this season.
- Senior libero Natalie Hagglund had her streak of 26 straight matches in double digits for digs snapped as she posted five against the Wildcats.
- Freshman OH Ebony Nwanebu reached double digits in kills (10) for the 11th straight match.