Dec. 5, 2014
Final Stats |
- USC and Coastal Carolina met for the first time in the two programs' histories. The Trojans improved to 3-0 all-time against teams from the Big South Conference in its current alignment (Liberty, Radford).
- The Trojans improved to 3-0 in matches played in the state of North Carolina.
- USC's postseason record improved to 119-35 (.773) with a 73-28 (.730) record in NCAA matches.
- Junior OH Samantha Bricio finished with 11 kills and 14 digs for her 18th double-double outing this season and the 40th of her career.
- Bricio notched four service aces to mark the 29th time in her career that she has had at least three aces in the same match. With 82 aces this season, Bricio moved ahead of Arizona's Kiyomi Morino (80 in 1987) for fourth in the Pac-12's single-season record books and is three aces from tying her own USC single-season record of 85.
- Bricio scored her 494th kill of the season to move into an eighth-place tie in USC's single-season record book (Jasmina Marinkovic, 1998). She also moved into second for all-time single-season attacks with 1,333.
- Bricio scored 15.5 points to push her season total to 606.5 (sixth in USC history). She is only the third Trojan ever to score 600 points in a single season (Asia Kaczor, Alex Jupiter).
- Sophomore libero Taylor Whittingham finished with 14 digs and had her 26th match of the season in double digits for digs.