WVB Post-Match Notes: USC at UCLA|
The Women of Troy win their third straight match with a 3-0 sweep of crosstown rival UCLA
Nov. 27, 2013
- With its win, USC improved to 54-46 in its all-time series with UCLA. The Trojans have won six of their last eight meetings with the Bruins.
- Head coach Mick Haley improved to 19-8 against the Bruins as the Trojans’ coach.
- USC out-hit UCLA, .396 to .125, to post a better hitting percentage than its opponent for the 27th time in 30 matches this season.
- The Trojans earned their first regular-season series sweep over UCLA since 2010.
- USC improved to 18-1 in the last four matches of the regular season since 2009. The only loss was a four-set decision at UCLA in 2012.
- The Trojans earned their first 3-0 sweep over UCLA since 2004 and did it in Westwood for the first time since 2002.
- Sophomore OH Samantha Bricio had two service aces to push her season total to 72. It is Bricio’s 28th match (out of 30) with at least one service ace.
- Senior libero Natalie Hagglund had her 25th straight match in double digits for digs.
- Freshman OH Ebony Nwanebu reached double digits in kills (12) for the ninth straight match.