Sept. 19, 2014
Recap | Final Stats
- USC improves to 2-0 in all-time meetings with Maryland.
- Head coach Mick Haley recorded his 350th victory as coach of the Women of Troy. He has now reached that mark at two different NCAA DI schools (Texas).
- Junior OH Samantha Bricio had six service aces for the second night in a row and did it in a single match for the sixth time in her career. It was also the 11th match of her career with at least five service aces, and was the 22nd time she has had at least three in a single match. Bricio has served at least one ace in each of USC's matches this season.
- Bricio moved ahead of April Ross (161 aces, 2000-03) into second place for career aces at USC and now has 165. She is five aces from tying the all-time program mark of 170 aces set by Nancy Hillman (1985-88).
- Bricio went from being tied for ninth to being tied for fifth in Pac-12 history for career aces. In the process, she jumped over Ross, Brook Coulter (162 aces, Cal, 1996-99), and Kim Glass (162 aces, Arizona, 2002-05). She is now tied with Elaine Youngs (UCLA, 1988-92) for fifth with 165 career aces.
- The Trojans snapped a four-match losing streak in the state of Washington. Previously, USC last won in the Evergreen State on Sept. 30, 2012; a three-set sweep over Washington State.
2014 PAC-12/BIG TEN SHOWCASE ALL-TOURNAMENT TEAM
Krista Vansant - Washington, MVP
Lianna Sybeldon - Washington
Melanie Wade - Washington
Courtney Thomas - Wisconsin
Taylor Morey - Wisconsin
Ashleigh Crutcher - Maryland