WVB Post-Match Notes: USC vs. North Carolina|
The Women of Troy won their fifth straight season opener in a four-set victory over the Tar Heels
Aug. 28, 2015
- The Trojans improved to 3-1 all-time against North Carolina (wins in 1999 and 2009) and avenged its only loss to the Tar Heels, which came in the second round of last year's NCAA tournament.
- USC wins its fifth straight season opener and improved to 13-2 in openers under head coach Mick Haley. The program improves to 34-6 in all-time season openers.
- Senior OH Samantha Bricio finished with 24 kills and 18 digs for her first double-double of the season and the 42nd of her career. She had 19 double-doubles in 2014.
- Bricio's 24 kills put her at 1,451 career kills, which is 10 shy of Keao Burdine's (1,461 from 2001-04) 10th-place record in the Trojan record books.
- Freshmen Baylee Johnson (setter) and Victoria Garrick (defensive specialist) each got their first career starts.
- Johnson finished with 30 assists and 11 digs for her first-career double-double.
- Sophomore OPP Brittany Abercrombie matched her career high of 13 kills and had a career-high 30 attacks.