April 19, 2013
Sydney Seau, a 5-8 freshman from San Diego, Calif., played indoor high school volleyball at The Bishop's School in La Jolla, Calif. She also played indoor volleyball for the Encinitas Wave Volleyball Club.
Seau is a communications major at USC's Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism.
1) How old were you when you started sand volleyball?
I was actually 19 when I started; I played indoor volleyball my whole life.
2) What is your favorite part about sand volleyball as opposed to gym volleyball?
I love the partnership. It is really interesting to work with one partner and not a whole team. I also enjoy how you have to be a well-rounded player to play sand.
3) Who is your favorite volleyball player?
I'd say Jen Kessy (USC 1995-1998). We got to play with her in the alumni game, so that was really awesome.
4) So far, what is your favorite thing at USC outside of sand volleyball?
I'd say the Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism here at USC. Being a communications major has been such an awesome experience so far. I also really enjoy the people and the environment.
5) What is your dream job?
I really want to do something in sports media. I don't know yet if I want to be behind the camera or in front, but I'm hoping for something in the industry.
6) What is your favorite food?
I'm a little biased because of my heritage, but it's definitely teriyaki chicken and steamed rice.
7) What are your biggest pet peeves?
Well, if I had to narrow it down to a couple, I'd say horrible drivers and people who talk loudly in movie theaters.
8) What are your hobbies outside of volleyball?
I'm really in to going to the movies and hanging out with my friends.
9) If you lost all your possessions but got to keep one, what would you keep?
I'd have to say my laptop because then I would have access to everything.
10) Describe yourself in two words.
I'm going to go with sarcastic and driven.
11) Do you have a favorite song at the moment?
That's a tough question because it changes so much, but right now it's Radioactive by Imagine Dragons.
12) What is your favorite movie?
Bridesmaids. It's hilarious.
13) If you could invite three people to dinner, dead or alive, who would they be?
I'm going to go with Ryan Gosling, Troy Polamalu and Martin Luther King Jr.
14) If you won the lottery, what was the first thing you would do?
I would definitely give at least half of the money to the Junior Seau Foundation, and I'd give the other half to my mom.
15) If you could take a vacation anywhere in the world where would it be?
I definitely want to check out Sydney, Australia. I was named after the city, so I want to see what it is like.
16) What is your biggest fear?
Failure is my biggest fear.