The Women of Troy scored a hard-fought win over the Lions thanks to a big 3-0 run to close the game
March 17, 2014
Final Stats |
- USC faced Columbia for the first time in a regular-season game. Previously, the Trojans had played the Lions in fall scrimmages. USC moves to 1-0 all-time against Columbia.
- The Trojans’ three-game winning streak matches the longest in program history. In 2013, USC won three games in a row between Feb. 15 and Mar. 1 (Presbyterian, Saint Mary’s College, and at LIU Brooklyn).
- For the third time this season, sophomore midfielder Amanda Johansen scored USC’s first goal of the game. She also did so against UC Davis and Marist.
- USC trailed at the half for just the second time this season and improved to 1-1 when trailing at the half.
- A pair of Trojans scored two goals each: Johansen and freshman midfielder Annie Ruland.