Victoria Alimonda, a 2009 senior and Brazilian native, has continued to challenge for a spot in USC's regular lineup.
SUMMER OF 2008:
Alimonda competed in a handful of events after the 2008 season, including the Women's Western Amateur, the Trans-National, the Colorado Stroke-Play Amateur (where she won the first flight) as well as USGA Women's Amateur qualifying.
Alimonda played in four events as a 2007-2008 junior. In one lone event as a member of USC's scoring squad, she tied for 76th at the Edean Ihlanfeldt Invitational ... She played individually at the Kent Youel (where she posted a season-best tie for 50th), the Northrop Grumman Regional Challenge (62nd) and at the Arizona Wildcat Invitational (77th tie). She fired a season-low round of 72 at the Regional Challenge.
SUMMER OF 2007:
Alimonda took second at the 2007 Los Angeles City Championship and competed in the California State and Santa Barbara City Championships.
SANTA BARBARA C.C.:
Alimonda led SBCC to its first Community College Women's State Golf title as a 2006-07 sophomore and earned Western State Conference Player of the Year honors. Alimonda was second in the state event with a 145 ... She also helped SBCC to a the 2005 and 2006 WSC titles, earning team MVP honors both years.
Alimonda prepped one year at Dos Pueblos High in Goleta, Calif., as an exchange student where she helped the girls' golf team to 2003 Channel League, CIF-Southern Section and CIF State titles ... She was second in the California State High School Championships.
Alimonda was second at the 2002 Brazilian Junior Championships and helped Brazil to the 2001 Peugeot Challenge Cup ... She was fourth at the 2003 Brazilian Amateur Championships.
Alimonda was born on Nov. 29, 1986 ... She is majoring in international relations and is the daughter of Paulo Alimonda and Silvia Curti.
* Most thrilling moment in sports: Last moments of a decisive finish.
* Favorite pastime: Playing guitar, singing, music composition, going to the beach, hanging out with friends.
* Biggest sports hero: Ayrton Senna.
* Favorite music: Christian worship, Bossa Nova, pop, jazz, mellow.
* Favorite food: Japanese, Italian, home-cooked Brazilian.
* My favorite thing about USC: The great support for its student-athletes, the high level of competition -- it feels like home.
* Post-college ambition: Professional golf, music, and visual arts industry.
* Biggest lesson golf has taught me: Self control, patience, acceptance, perseverance, self trust.
Lowest 54-Hole Score: 237
Lowest Round: 72
Highest Finish: 50th tie