Fan Information For USC-Arizona Thursday Football Game In Coliseum|
Oct. 3, 2013
Because the Thursday (Oct. 10) USC-Arizona football game at 7:30 p.m. in the Coliseum is being held on a weekday, all USC classes will still be in session and will operate on their normal schedules. Therefore, fans should be aware of several changes to a typical USC game day logistics, including alternatives that will enhance the fan experience. A special webpage for fans attending the game--WePlayFor2013.com/Thursday--has been launched to provide information about tailgating, parking and transportation options.
Tailgating and Parties:
· Tailgating or picnicking will not be permitted on campus, no exceptions.
· This restriction includes campus buildings, parks, the Row, plazas, etc.
· Tailgating at the Coliseum and Exposition Park will be allowed as on a normal game day.
· Here are some tailgating alternatives:
o Cardinal & Gold Picnic - For the first time ever, the renowned Cardinal & Gold Picnic at the Coliseum will be open and available to all game ticket-holding fans, based on availability. Non-Trojan Athletic Fund members may purchase C&G Picnic passes for $65 per person while supplies last. For more information, go to trojanathleticfund.com/athleticevents/categories/athletic-department-events/pre-game-picnic or call (213) 740-4155.
o Football Pre-Game Tailgate at the Galen Center - Both the Galen Center Founders Club and Arena will be open for a catered tailgate party for $25 per person. To reserve Galen Center Tailgate passes, email email@example.com.
o L.A. Live - For fans parking at L.A. Live, several restaurants and establishments there will be open and welcoming USC fans. For a comprehensive list of the restaurants and venues at L.A. Live, go to lalive.com/eat .
§ The Lawry’s Carvery at L.A. Live will offer USC-Arizona ticket holders 10% off on the day of the game (fans should show their game ticket when paying). The Lawry’s Carvery menu is here: http://www.lawrysonline.com/lawrys-carvery/menu .
· Football game attendees will not be permitted to park in on-campus lots. However, campus season parking passes will be honored for this game
· Parking at the Coliseum will remain the same for passholders of those lots.
· In addition to the lots at the Coliseum, the several nearby parking areas will be available. Campus season parking passes also will be honored at these lots.
o The USC Parking Center - 3401 Grand Ave. Enter off 35th street, East of Grand.
o Parking Structure 1 - 3701 Flower Street. Enter off Flower, South of Figueroa.
o Parking Structure 2 - 3335 South Flower Street. Enter off of Flower, north of Figueroa, or from Figueroa across from Entrance 3.
o Shrine Lot - 645 Jefferson. Enter from Jefferson just east of Entrance 4 (between the Shrine and Gateway), or from 32nd Street.
o For a USC parking map, go to web-app.usc.edu/maps .
· L.A. Live has partnered with the USC Athletic Department to allow USC game attendees to park in Lots 6 and 7 (Figueroa St. between 11th St. and 12th St.) at L.A. Live for $20. There will be a complimentary shuttle from L.A. Live to the Coliseum, and will run continuously pre-game and post-game. For an L.A. Live parking map, go to lalive.com/visitor-center/event-parking .
· Parking also will be available beginning at 4 p.m. Thursday on first come, first serve basis at St. Vincent Elementary School, 2333 S. Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90007 (cross street is Adams Blvd.) for $20. For more information, contact Sr. Cabrini Thomas at (213) 748-5367.
· USC has partnered with CID Entertainment to provide a "Park & Ride" Trojan Express Shuttle Bus service for the USC-Arizona game. The Coliseum drop off/pick up location for these buses will be on Exposition Blvd., between Pardee Way and Bill Robertson Dr.
o Shuttles will be available at convenient pick-up and drop-off locations in the greater Los Angeles and Orange County metro area:
*Anaheim Shuttle - American Sports Center Anaheim - Parking lot behind building (1500 S. Anaheim Blvd. Anaheim 92805)
*Pasadena Shuttle - Courtyard Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town (108 N. Fair Oaks Ave. Pasadena, 91103)
*Ontario Shuttle - Citizens Business Bank Arena, Parking Lot C (4000 E. Ontario Center Parkway Ontario, 91764)
*Ventura Shuttle - Ventura Beach Marriott Parking Structure (2055 E. Harbor Blvd. Ventura, 93001)
*Gardena/South Bay Shuttle - Park & Ride Lot Harbor Gateway Transit Center (731 W. 182nd St. Gardena, 90248)
o To purchase a Park & Ride Trojan Express Shuttle pass for $20, or to get more information, visit: http://www.cidentertainment.com/home/usc_vs_arizona_2013.php
· Public Transportation, including the Metro Expo Light Rail, also is a good option. For more Metro information, go to: metro.net/projects/exposition .
· The Orange County Transportation Authority will provide Metrolink Football Express train service to the Coliseum from Oceanside and all points in between. Fans should buy a regular roundtrip Metrolink ticket at their departure station and take the train to L.A. Union Station (LAUS). Ticket cost ranges from $14.50 to $30, depending on departure location. From Union Station, take the L.A. Metro Rail Red or Purple lines to the Seventh Street/Metro Center and transfer to the Expo line, disembarking at the Exposition Park/USC stop.