USC's Football Practice Admittance Policy|
July 30, 2010
Penalty C-20-b of USC's recent NCAA Infractions Report requires USC to close its football (and men's basketball) practices to the general public for the next 4 years. Here is the new practice admittance policy, as developed by the university and its Office of Athletic Compliance. This policy is being implemented to insure that USC is in compliance with NCAA rules.
University of Southern California Football Practice Policy
Football team practices shall be strictly limited to men's football team student-athletes and coaching staff, necessary Athletic Department personnel and guests pre-approved by the Vice President or Associate Vice President of Athletic Compliance. Media, immediate family members of student-athletes (i.e., parents, legal guardians, grandparents, siblings, spouses and children of student-athletes), USC Executive Employees (as defined below) and their escorted pre-approved guests, and other pre-approved guests may attend practice by requesting and receiving permission to do so from the Office of Athletic Compliance, at least 48 hours in advance of a practice. Media should initially contact the Sports Information Office to request pre-approval to attend practice. Immediate family members of student-athletes should contact the Football Office to confirm the family member's attendance at practice has been approved by the Office of Athletic Compliance. Once initially approved by the Office of Compliance, the immediate family of football student-athletes and media need not separately seek permission to attend a practice. Football student-athletes must contact the Office of Athletic Compliance to update their list of immediate family members. USC Executive Employees should request pre-approval for guests by completing the appropriate form and submitting it to the Office of Athletic Compliance.
All pre-approved guests authorized to attend a practice shall not have any contact with prospective student-athletes; and, they shall not have access to the team locker room or other athletic facilities while student-athletes or prospective student-athletes are present.
All guest entry to practice facilities shall be limited to a single secure point of access with a check-in and wrist band issuance procedure to verify and confirm pre-approved attendance. All guests shall be informed of rules regarding conduct at practice and prohibited contact with prospective student-athletes; and, they must agree, in writing, to abide by such rules upon check-in and before admission to the practice field. A separate point of access and practice viewing area will be provided for authorized prospective student-athletes on official or unofficial visits.
Under NO circumstances will the following individuals be permitted access to practice facilities: agents (such as athlete agents, marketing agents or financial advisors to athletes) or their employees, representatives or affiliates (including "runners"). Prohibited individuals, limitations regarding guests, practice viewing locations, and other practice related issues will be monitored, reviewed and may be adjusted on a periodic basis by the Vice President and/or Associate Vice President of Athletic Compliance in consultation with the Athletic Director or Sport Administrator.
As used herein, "USC Executive Employees" shall mean the following: President, Provost, Senior Vice President for Administration, Senior Vice President for Development, General Counsel, Athletic Director, Senior Associate Athletic Directors, Vice President and Associate Vice President of Athletic Compliance, all Office of Athletic Compliance staff and the Head Football Coach (provided that any pre-approved guests of Head Football Coach are escorted by a Senior Associate Athletic Director).
The list of guests authorized to attend practice shall be maintained by the Office of Athletic Compliance and provided to the Athletic Director. The list shall be reviewed weekly by the Vice President or Associate Vice President of Athletic Compliance in consultation with the Athletic Director or Sports Administrator. USC reserves the right to restrict the number of guests and viewing locations at practice. Further, USC reserves the right to deny entry to any individual.
USC FOOTBALL RULES FOR FOOTBALL PRACTICE
By accepting a Practice Wrist Band Pass for USC Football Practices:
1. You understand and agree that USC may limit, suspend, or terminate access to the football practice USC field and revoke your football practice wrist band pass.
2. You agree not to violate any NCAA, Pac-10 or University rules.
3. You agree not to have any contact with any USC prospective student-athlete (or their relatives or friends) while at a USC Football Practice. This includes in-person contact and written or electronic communications, either directly or via a third party.
4. You agree not to arrange, provide or promise to provide any benefits to any current USC student-athlete (or their relatives or friends) from yourself or on behalf of anyone else.
5. You agree not to arrange, provide or promise to provide any benefits to any prospective student-athlete (or their relatives or friends) from yourself or on behalf of anyone else.
6. You certify that you are not an agent (e.g., sports agent, marketing agent or financial advisor to athletes) or any such agent's employee, representative or affiliate (including "runners").
7. You certify you have not triggered the definition of a representative of USC's athletics interests by 1) making a financial (cash or in-kind) donation to the USC Athletic Department or one of its booster organizations; 2) participating in or becoming a member of an organization promoting USC's athletics program (e.g., Cardinal & Gold, Trojan Club); 3) assisting the Athletic Department in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes; 4) assisting (or have assisted) in providing benefits to enrolled student-athletes or their families; or 5) being involved in promoting USC's athletics program.
Access to USC's football practice field may be revoked at any time if you do not abide by NCAA, Pac-10 or USC rules. Failure to abide by any of the requirements above may result in immediate action, the forfeiture of the future opportunity to observe or participate in any USC Athletic Department activity and the forfeiture of any other privileges, including the opportunity to purchase season tickets.
Driver's Lic./Picture I.D. _______________________________
Phone Number: _________________________