Cockrell Wins 100m Hurdles At Mt. SAC Relays|
April 14, 2017
Anna Cockrell won the 100m hurdles, Madisen Richards took second in the women’s long jump and Michael Gonzalez placed second in the men’s pole vault to highlight USC’s efforts at the Mt. SAC Relays held at El Camino College in Torrance, Calif. today (April 14).
at Mt. SAC:
• The day began for the Trojans with the women’s 1500m race. Chloe Berry led USC by finishing 28th with a time of 4:38.85, followed by Vivian Grimes in 29th place at 4:40.02, Amber Gore in 31st place with a PR of 4:41.77, Madison Ricks in 32nd with a PR of 4:43.05 and Lauren Maurer in 35th place at 4:50.73.
• Anna Cockrell then won the women’s 100m hurdles with a time of 13.22 (-1.0), best by .55 seconds. There were 37 women which competed in the 100m hurdles.
• Kayla Richardson had a PR of 53.81 to win her heat and place fourth overall in the women’s 400m dash. Her time broke her Filipino national record in the event.
• Zaria Francis had a time of 11.82 (+1.7) to take second in her 100m dash heat and finished 16th overall.
• Madisen Richards placed second in the women’s long jump with a best leap of 19-6.25/5.95m (+1.5). She landed all six jumps cleanly.
• Michael Gonzalez placed second in the men’s pole vault with a clearance of 15-11.00 (4.85m). He tied for the best clearance, but finished second on misses.
• Mikaela Smith took seventh in her heat and 13th overall with a season-best time of 2:10.10 in the women’s 800m race. Lorea Ibarzabal was sixth in her heat and 20th overall in the 800m race with a time of 2:11.13.
• Kyra Constantine took third in her women’s 200m heat and finished 18th overall with a season-best time of 24.14 (-0.3).
at Beach Invitational:
• For the second consecutive day David Sellens competed in the men’s hammer throw, this time at the Beach Invitational in Long Beach, Calif., but had fouls in all three attempts.