Twitter Tips for Student Athletes!|
Nov. 1, 2011
Here are Twitter tips Nos. 36-40 from the "50 Twitter Tips For Student Athletes" document that has been making the rounds among the nation's collegiate athletic departments. Check with Sports Info for more details!
Take a moment to read this week's tips.
36) Know the type of Tweets that are boring and painfully unoriginal. They include such gems as A) Just got a great workout in; B) I'm up early, finna get this money; C) Wattup Twitter??
37) Don't Tweet about how much you respect your mamma and grandmamma if, 10 minutes later, you're going to Tweet about the "juicy cakes" on the girl walking past you on campus. Twenty years ago, those "juicy cakes" belonged to your mamma. Do you see the irony?
38) Many Twitter users are only religious when they wake up. Do you Tweet thanks to God every morning? If the other 90 percent of your Tweets reflect a different attitude or lifestyle, people notice. So does Jesus - he's on Twitter (but not yet verified).
39) There are many other teams and student-athletes at your school. Take the time to give them a shout-out on Twitter when they do big things. Ultimately, you're all on the same team.
40) Smile in your avatar or background picture!