STATE FARM® USC/NOTRE DAME VIP EXPERIENCE SWEEPSTAKES
USC Football VIP For A Day
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING. THE 2012 STATE FARM® USC/NOTRE DAME VIP EXPERIENCE SWEEPSTAKES (THE "SWEEPSTAKES") AND ANY ADVERTISEMENT RELATING THERETO IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPATION ONLY IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA (THE "TERRITORY") AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED ACCORDING TO, AND GOVERNED EXCLUSIVELY BY CALIFORNIA STATE LAW. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT A LEGAL RESIDENT WITHIN THE TERRITORY, PHYSICALLY LOCATED WITHIN THE TERRITORY AT THE TIME OF ENTRY, OR DO NOT FALL WITHIN THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
ELIGIBILITY: The USC Football VIP For A Day (the "Sweepstakes") is sponsored by State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company ("State Farm") and USC Sports Properties ("USC "; hereinafter, USC and State Farm shall be referred to individually and collectively as the "Sponsors"). The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of California who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers, and directors (including immediate family members (e.g., spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of the same household, whether or not related) of the Sponsors, State Farm independent contractor insurance and financial services agents, Fox Cable Network Services, LLC, Fox Entertainment Group, The News Corporation, Inc. (collectively, "Promotion Entities"), and each of their immediate family members (children, spouse, parents, siblings) and individuals residing in their same household, whether or not related are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations. Void outside California and where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation, taxed, or required to be licensed.
HOW TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes begins at 02:00:01 P.M. Pacific Time ("PT") on September 1, 2012 and ends at 8:59 P.M. PT on November 15, 2012 (the "Entry Period").
There are two (2) ways to enter: online or by mail. No other method of entry will be accepted. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person/e-mail address/household, regardless of method of entry. In case of multiple entries received from any person or e-mail address or household, only the first entry received from such person or e-mail address or household will be considered.
1. Online Method: During the Entry Period, any natural person desiring to submit an entry into the Sweepstakes ("Entrant(s)") may visit www.usctrojans.com (the "Website") and follow the links and instructions to the Sweepstakes' registration page. To be eligible for the Sweepstakes, each Entrant must complete and submit all required information noted on the Sweepstakes' registration form. Upon completion of the aforementioned Sweepstakes entry process, the Entrant will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. All on-line entries must be received prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Entry Period
Each Entrant must provide a valid e-mail address to be eligible. Proof of entering the required information at the Website is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by Sponsors of entry into the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of who actually submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address supplied at the time of entry. An "authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person to whom the applicable e-mail address has been assigned by the internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the address submitted. The potential prizewinner may be required to provide Sponsors with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. All requested information must be included on your official entry form to be eligible to win. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, forged, software-generated, other automated or incomplete entries will be accepted. Sweepstakes entries will be deemed null and void and will be rejected if not submitted through authorized, legitimate channels. If a dispute as to the identity of any entrant cannot be resolved to Sponsors' satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible. Entry must be made by the entrant, only in the manner as set forth herein. All other methods of entry are considered void.
All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. As permitted by law, each entrant agrees that personal information collected in connection with this Sweepstakes may be shared with the Promotion Entities and Sponsors' other promotional partners to contact you regarding promotional updates; information; messages; and for other reasons via electronic and/or ordinary mail and, will be used by Sponsors and such promotional partners in compliance with their respective privacy practices.
USC/Notre Dame VIP Experience
All mail-in entries must be postmarked by the end of the Sweepstakes Entry Period and received by USC by November 18, 2012. The receive date for all mail-in entries shall be determined by USC in its sole and absolute discretion, which shall be final and binding. USC's database clock shall be the official time keeping device for all online entries received in connection with this Sweepstakes. The postmark date and USC's' receive date shall be the official time keeping devices for all mail-in entries received in connection with this Sweepstakes.
RANDOM DRAWING/NOTIFICATION: One (1) Winner (as defined below) will be selected from all eligible entries received throughout the entire Sweepstakes Period. The potential prizewinner will be selected in a random prize drawing on or about November 16, 2012 from all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Entry Period. The potential prizewinner will be notified by telephone, e-mail and/or U.S. mail on or about November 16, 2012, using the contact information provided at the time of entry. Sponsors shall have no liability for any prizewinner notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by a potential prizewinner for any reason. If the Sweepstakes' selected prizewinner cannot be reached by telephone; e-mail, or U.S; mail, or does not respond within two (2) days of the initial attempt to notify the Sweepstakes' potential prizewinner, the Grand Prize Package may be forfeited and an alternate prizewinner for the Grand Prize Package may be selected in a random drawing from the remaining eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsors will attempt to contact up to two (2) potential prizewinners in accordance with the above procedure, after which the Grand Prize Package may go unawarded if the Grand Prize Package remains unclaimed. If any potential prizewinner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the Grand Prize Package for any reason prior to award, such potential prizewinner will be disqualified and an alternate prizewinner may be selected in a random drawing from the remaining eligible entries received during Sweepstakes Period. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules, the potential prizewinner will be declared as the official Sweepstakes prizewinner (the "Winner"). Determination of the potential prizewinner and/or Winner shall be made by USC or USC's agent in its sole and absolute discretion and such determination shall be final and binding.
PRIZE: One (1) "Grand Prize Package" Will Be Awarded. The Winner will receive a Grand Prize Package consisting of the following:
(i) Four (4) VIP tickets located in the USC Sports Properties Club seating area: (ii) one (1) VIP parking pass for the Winner and three (3) guests to attend USC/Notre Dame game on November 24, 2012 (the "Event Game"). Additionally, the Winner and three (3) will be offered an opportunity to participate in the pregame hospitality event prior to the start of the Event Game and will be invited run onto the field with the team, subject to the rules and regulations of the USC Trojans. If airplane travel is necessary, USC Sports Properties will cover flight transportation for up to $100 per person. GROUND TRANSPORTATION TO/FROM THE EVENT GAME AND LODGING NOT INCLUDED AS PART OF THE OVERALL GRAND PRIZE PACKAGE.
Exact Grand Prize Package details to be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsors. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of the Grand Prize Package is Two Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($2,500). The Winner is fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes). All costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of the Grand Prize Package not specified herein as being provided, including but not limited to lodging, transportation costs, meals, gratuities and other expenses incurred by accepting the Grand Prize Package, are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Sponsors are not responsible for game delays, game schedule changes, or cancellations. Additionally, the Event Game tickets are subject to all terms and conditions generally applicable thereto and printed thereon and, is non-transferable and will be deemed void if sold, transferred, auctioned or assigned to any third party.
Odds of winning depend on the actual number of eligible entries received prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
The Winner's companions must be eighteen (18) years of age or older or if any such companion is under the age of eighteen (18), the Winner must be such companion's parent or legal guardian in order to participate in the Grand Prize Package activities. The Winner's companions must sign and return a Liability Release and (where legal) a Publicity Release prior to ticketing of the Grand Prize Package.
GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: All Minors (as defined below) must be accompanied, at all times, by an adult. The potential prizewinner is subject to verification. The Grand Prize Package is not redeemable for cash. No cash alternative or prize substitutions will be allowed except Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of comparable value if a prize listed is unavailable for any reason. The Grand Prize Package is non-assignable and nontransferable. If lost, the Grand Prize Package awarded herein will not be replaced. The Grand Prize Package will not be substituted, except at Sponsors' sole discretion due to unavailability and then only for a prize of equal or greater value except where prohibited by law. The Winner is solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any federal, state and/or local taxes on the prize received. . The participation in the pregame hospitality event and/or the invitation to run onto the field with the team (the "Prize Activities") is subject to availability and all terms and conditions generally applicable thereto. If the Prize Activities or any portion thereof becomes unavailable, the Prize Activities or the applicable portion will be cancelled without substantiation or compensation therefore. The Prize Activities or the applicable portion will be deemed unavailable due to cancellation or unavailability for any reason, or if Sponsors determines that all or regulations applicable thereto cannot be met or waived on terms that Sponsors finds satisfactory in their sole discretion. If any Winner declines the prize, is found to be ineligible, or fails to comply with these Official Rules, such Winner may be disqualified and will forfeit the Grand Prize Package he or she otherwise might have received. In the event the Winner or his or her guest engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten any other person, Sponsors reserve the right to terminate the applicable event in whole or in part, and send the Winner and/or his or her guests home with no further compensation. Upon verification of entrant's win and compliance with these Official Rules, delivery of the prize will be coordinated by a representative of Sponsors and the Winner will receive further notification with details on how to claim the prize. All details and other restrictions of the Grand Prize Package not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion.
8. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: Eligibility, age and all claims made by Winner is subject to verification. Sponsors and their agents are not responsible for fraudulent communications including without limitation phone calls, mail, and e-mails made by or sent to entrants. The Winner will be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where imposing such condition is legal, a Publicity Release ("Prize Claim Documents"). If a Winner is not of legal age of majority in his or her state of residence ("Minor") at Sponsors' option, the prize either will be awarded in the name of the parent or legal guardian of the Winner, or the parent or legal guardian of the Winner will be required to ratify and sign Prize Claim Documents. The Prize Claim Documents must be returned within the time frame indicated on the documents within ten (10) days of request. If the Winner (or, in the case of a Minor, such Minor Winner's parent or legal guardian) fails to return such documents within the prescribed time, or if a Winner is found to be ineligible, or if he/she does not comply with these Official Rules, then the Winner may be disqualified and an alternate prizewinner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. All applicable U.S., federal, state, and local taxes, duties, or other taxes or fees are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner, who may be issued a 1099 IRS tax form for the ARV of any awarded prize. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for the Sponsors' and their agents to use said Winner's name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state for all purposes and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further notice or compensation.
Depiction of any prize in any advertising, promotional materials, or on the Sweepstakes Website (if any) may not reflect the actual prize delivered to the Winner. Sponsors or their agents shall not be responsible for delays in delivery of any prize once it has been shipped by Sponsors' or their agents. Winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to the prize after it has been delivered to the Winner.
9. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant hereby: (a) agrees that the Promotion Entities will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by participants against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to person(s), including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or for any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize; (b) releases the Promotion Entities from all liability, claims, action, or proceedings relating to this Sweepstakes and from injuries or damages arising in connection with or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes, or use or misuse of the prize; and (c) waives any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Sponsors reserve the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes, to void suspect entries and/or cancel, terminate or suspend any portion of this Sweepstakes should a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsors corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes and, in any such event, at its discretion, select prizewinner(s) from eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such termination, cancellation or suspension. This Sweepstakes may not be used for any form of gambling.
10. IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ GENERAL RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event will attorneys' fees be awarded or recoverable; and (3) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than actual out of pocket expenses, and/or any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Promotion Entities are not responsible for any costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with: (i) incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to any cause, including without limitation human, transmission, or technical problems, failures, or malfunctions of any kind, whether originating with sender, with Sponsors, or otherwise, that may limit an entrant's ability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (ii) incorrect or inaccurate information whether caused by internet users, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in connection with this Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, malfunction, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, or destruction or unauthorized access to, tampering, or hacking; (iii) any injury or damage resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the use and/or misuse of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, or any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to or based on the entrant's rights of publicity or privacy); or (iv) the entrant's claim that he or she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light. Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for any errors or failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant it finds to be tampering with the Sweepstakes entry process or operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in an unsportslike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person. Sponsors reserve the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes if Sponsors determine, in their sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsors' control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. In the event Sponsors are prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g., SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsors' control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsors shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsors will (if possible) select prizewinner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant's sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued by a duly authorized representative of Sponsors. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
11. GOVERNING LAW: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSORS IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY SUBMISSION OR OTHER MATERIAL SUBMITTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE'S LAWS. THE INVALIDITY OR UNENFORCEABILITY OF ANY PROVISION OF THESE RULES SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY OR ENFORCEABILITY OF ANY OTHER PROVISION. IN THE EVENT THAT ANY PROVISION IS DETERMINED TO BE INVALID OR OTHERWISE UNENFORCEABLE OR ILLEGAL, THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL OTHERWISE REMAIN IN EFFECT AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR TERMS AS IF THE INVALID OR ILLEGAL PROVISION WERE NOT CONTAINED HEREIN.
IN NO EVENT WILL PROMOTION ENTITIES, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE PROMOTION ENTITIES HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE RIGHT IS RESERVED TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
12. COPY OF OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST: Visit www.usctrojans.com to view a copy of the Official Rules or any legally required winner's list. Any legally required winner's list may be available for a period of thirty (30) days following the end of the Sweepstakes Entry Period. The Official Rules may not be available following the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company