The Trojans took their pads off today for a lighter practice before tomorrow's scrimmage, which will solidify the depth chart for Alabama.
- Full injury report, per head coach Clay Helton: DT Rasheem Green (knee), G Damien Mama (ankle), DT Noah Jefferson (back), S Marvell Tell III (hamstring), CB Isaiah Langley (concussion), S John Plattenburg (concussion), DT Kevin Scott (hamstring).
- The Trojans practiced their overtime situation today, as Helton continued to stress situational football. "I thought it went very well with the ones, driving down and scoring," Helton said.
- According to RB Aca'Cedric Ware (pictured), the running backs practiced technique and fundamentals today. Ware, who is looking to get into the mix a bit more this year behind Justin Davis and Ronald Jones II, says he has "way more confidence this year" and that he's "not guessing out there anymore."
- Ware hails from DeSoto, TX, so he's been looking forward to the season opener at AT&T Stadium for a long time. "I have a lot of family coming," he said. "If I can get enough tickets, I'm hoping to get at least 20. But if I can get more, it'll be more."
- TE Tyler Petite is another sophomore whose confidence level has increased from Year 1 to Year 2. He said that the arrival of QB Coach/Pass Game Coordinator Tyson Helton might mean a bigger role for tight ends this year. "Obviously his tight end last year had a really big year," Petite said. "And I think the other big part is that we've shown that we can do it."
- Tyson Helton's advice will surely influence his brother's decision on a starting QB, which he'll make after tomorrow's scrimmage. "I look forward to, in that type of atmosphere, when they know it's their last time out there, how they perform," Clay Helton said. "I thank goodness that we took the time to be able to go through the spring and not just name it there, but go also through a training camp so we can make the best decision for our team."
- Helton announced that FB Rueben Peters, S Matt Lopes and RB James Toland IV were awarded scholarships for the upcoming season.
- USC will hold a 75- to 80-play scrimmage tomorrow at 3 p.m. on Howard Jones Field.