The Trojans are in full simulation mode anticipating the game week ahead.
- USC's morning practice was a typical Thursday format meaning light on physicality but heavy on strategy. The Trojans will have a short afternoon walk-thru later today, which is typical of a Friday practice. Then, they will depart for the team hotel and simulate the night before the game complete with meetings and motivation.
- Saturday, they will arrive at the Coliseum for a Trojan Walk, and then play a mock game, which is closed to the public and media. The scrimmage will not feature live tackling, but the first team will go against a scout team in black jerseys. And, the coaches will surprise the players with game-like scenarios such as Cody Kessler getting hurt and Max Browne having to come in during a series.
- In terms of real injuries, RB Tre Madden will likely be a game time decision for Fresno State as he recovers from turf toe. "When you start messing with a running back and his feet or his toes, and the ability to push off, they just don't overnight all the sudden get better," said head coach Steve Sarkisian.
- LB Lamar Dawson is probably out the first month as he continues to rehab from last season's knee surgery, per Sarkisian as well.
- The Trojans have a real possibility of starting two freshmen offensive guards as Toa Lobendahn and Damien Mama continue to work with the first team.
- QB Cody Kessler was given the day off today to rest his arm after an outstanding Fall Camp.
- Here is Sarkisian after this morning's light workout: