Written by Caroline Deisley and Sarah Bergstrom, USC blog contributors
One week from today the Trojans will kickoff against the Fresno State Bulldogs in pursuit of a 10-win season. After a few days off for finals, the team was back at it.
- Clay Helton announced today that RB Silas Redd (knee) is highly unlikely for next Saturday's game and RB Tre Madden (ankle) is questionable.
- Last night the Trojans celebrated the 2013 season with their annual banquet. Coach Helton reminisced on some of his favorite memories from this special season. "You talk about a group that's faced this much adversity. Every time they've been faced with a challenge they've answered the bell," said Helton. "You'll never forget going to Oregon State and winning on the road, you'll never forget 50,000 fans rushing the field after beating the number four team in the country. It was very nice to celebrate as the Trojan family."
- Also at the banquet last night, redshirt sophomore RB Buck Allen was awarded the team MVP. Helton reflected on Allen's breakout season saying, "You think about Buck and you think about the things he's been through, not only as a person but as a student. He's improved in every area of his life since he's been here at USC," remarked the head coach. "He's carried us through the second half of the season. There's a reason he's the MVP. He's always been that guy when you needed someone to just go that little extra. He's always been there for us."
- The Trojan offense highlighted by Allen, who finished the regular season with 12 TDs and 699 total yards, should be able to rack up big numbers against a Fresno State defense that has given up 1,040 yards in its last two games.
- Though it's finals week and the Trojans have an early bowl game, Coach Helton assured that his team will have all the time it needs to be prepared. He said, "You have eight practices and you're ready to roll. That's as much as you need to be game ready."