The Trojans combined a typical Tuesday and Wednesday practice into one day.
- The injury report remains the same as yesterday. Ed Orgeron confirmed that TE Xavier Grimble has the best chance to return from the questionable bunch.
- S Dion Bailey was the hero of the game against Utah suiting up at halftime when Su'a Cravens went down with an injury. "I just did it cause Coach O is a guy who has done so much for us in this little bit of time. He's made this year one to remember. Regardless of what our record is or what we end up being...everyone is enjoying the ride. I felt like all that he's done for us, the least I can do was give all that I could. It wasn't much but I was able to do something."
- As far as his current health status, Bailey is "going to play as much as Coach P allows me."
- Bailey is more focused on Oregon State WR Brandin Cooks than QB Sean Mannion. "He's OK," he said about the quarterback. "He finds Cooks. Cooks comes down with it. That's their offense."
- USC has not won a game in Corvallis since 2004, but only a few players on this roster played in the most recent 2010 loss. Bailey has heard the stories though. "I hear it is a weird place. I know we have not had good luck in the past going up there, but hopefully this year, we can change that," he said. "They don't seat that many, but they'll be somebody in every seat. They have great fans in Corvallis. Everybody supports the program. I know they'll be ready for us."
- Orgeron pumped up the crowd noise in practice today to simulate the small, but raucous Reser Stadium. "It was good. We need it," Orgeron said. "It is going to be an exciting night on Friday."
- The short week would seem like a disadvantage for the banged up Trojans, but unsurprisingly, Orgeron will make no excuses. "It is what it is. We accept the challenge," he said. "The good thing is they are in the same situation. They had a tough game too."
- Oregon State boasts the No. 1 passing offense in the country averaging 420 yards per game. Here is Orgeron talking about the challenge...