The final two-a-day of Fall Camp ended with a practice under the lights at the Coliseum...
- Lane Kiffin moved this night practice to the Coliseum so the players could experience the stadium under the lights. The Coliseum scrimmages are all during the day this camp, so this is the team's only chance to experience the home stadium at night before the home opener against Washington State at 7:30 p.m.
- The Trojans offense is getting healthier with Silas Redd and Justin Davis returning to boost the running back corps and Marqise Lee going full speed at wide receiver. With that said, the defense enjoyed another strong practice, especially at cornerback, where Anthony Brown was the MVP of the day.
- Undeniably, the running game hits a different gear when Davis is in the mix. "Every time he is out there, something special kinda happens," Kiffin said about Davis. "We haven't played in a real game yet, but I don't know how much more a guy could have done with his opportunities here so far."
- The offensive line was shuffled a bit today as Marcus Martin sat out. Without the starting center, Max Tuerk moved on the ball with John Martinez slotting in at right guard. Aundrey Walker is taking most of the first team reps at left guard.
- Freshman S Su'a Cravens is playing with the first team mostly at strong safety right now. After a big performance in the scrimmage, he has a real shot at starting from day one if he can stay healthy. "The only thing that really set me back was keeping up with the speed of the game," Cravens said about missing the majority of Fall Camp. "You have to be on the field with these guys every day to get better. When you step off, and you come back, they look like race cars."
- Cravens is a powerful young player, but given the choice between teeing off on a crossing wide receiver or making the pick, he's going with the interception. "A pick in the Coliseum isn't too bad, especially a pick-six," he said.
- Cravens has never been to Hawaii, but the true freshman is doing his best to resist the itch of looking ahead to kickoff. "Everybody has been thinking about it, but our plan is to just take it day-by-day," he said. "We know Hawaii is coming."
- Here is Kiffin at the Coli...