The Trojans first practice in El Paso was chilly, but spirited.
- USC practiced at a beautiful high school field in Texas this afternoon to begin final preparations for the Sun Bowl match-up with Georgia Tech. The team will have three more on-field workouts before the game on December 31.
- The team has had great intensity throughout all the bowl practices. "Last year, we didn't have the opportunity to go to a bowl game and some of us really have not been to a bowl game, so just the opportunity to be here is amazing," said Marqise Lee. "We're taking advantage of it."
- After arriving to a Texas-sized reception earlier today, Lee and the young Trojans are enjoying their first bowl experience. "Great city," Marqise Lee said. "I don't mind being here at all. I'm just enjoying my time."
- Lane Kiffin announced that he will name his starting quarterback after tomorrow morning's practice. "We are going to take [Barkley's] evaluations from today and we will make a decision by the end of practice tomorrow," Kiffin said.
- The coach shed his sombrero for the more familiar visor this evening. "I didn't think that looked good on me. It doesn't stay on too well. They are heavier than you would think," Kiffin said.
- Here is Kiffin's entire opening night presser in El Paso...