The Trojans completed their final practice before departing for El Paso.
- The seniors still have four practices remaining in their careers, but this was their last day on Howard Jones and Brian Kennedy Fields. "They have been through so much. I can't imagine a group of seniors that has been through so many ups and downs," said head coach Lane Kiffin on this small but special group. "It's a little bit sad that's it's their last practice here. They are going to go off into the real world and represent us really well."
- Max Wittek is now taking the majority of the reps at quarterback as USC gets closer to game week. Matt Barkley attended practice today, but continues to just watch. "The one positive about Matthew not being here is that [Wittek and Cody Kessler] get more reps. It's been really good for them and really great to be in a bowl to have these extra practices."
- Silas Redd says he is back to 95% health after dealing with an ankle injury down the stretch of the regular season. He has really enjoyed his first year at USC despite the win-loss record not meeting his standards. "I had high expectations, but the season ended up the way that it did," Redd said. "We've got this last opportunity to play some ball, [so] we're trying to make the best of it."
- Redd has assimilated so well with his teammates that it feels like he has been here forever. "I felt that type of camaraderie on my visit, but I didn't know it was going to be like this," he said. "Just the way I was able to adapt to the team and the Trojan Family, it's pretty amazing."
- The junior running back will do his best recruiting job to keep Robert Woods and Nickell Robey around for one more year. "Of course, but they've got to do what's best for them and I support them either way."
- As for his plans to stay or go, Redd said, "I'm leaning towards staying, but we'll see after the bowl game."
- The Connecticut native is jumping on a flight tonight to be home for the holiday. "I haven't been home for Christmas in three years, so I am definitely taking advantage of it. I can't wait."
- The Trojans had dinner at Lane Kiffin's house in Manhattan Beach last night before attending the Clippers game. The coaches' kids delivered Best Buy gift cards (pictured) to the players as part of their reward for making a bowl game.
- Here is Lane Kiffin after practice...