The Trojans hit the practice field early this morning with a trip to the military base coming this afternoon.
- Lane Kiffin announced that Max Wittek will start at quarterback against Georgia Tech. Matt Barkley's sprained AC joint is not fully healed, so the senior will not be risked for the Sun Bowl.
- Barkley: "I've worked as hard as I could to get back for this game, and nature is not allowing it. And, doctors are not allowing it which is the most important thing."
- We'll have much more on Barkley this week, who talked at length today, but his college career is officially over after four memorable years.
- In other news, Kiffin apologized for the Trojans showing up 30 minutes late to a Sun Bowl dinner reception last night, explaining that the jam packed day, which included flying out from Los Angeles, a 30-minute mariachi concert at the airport and a full practice, put them a bit behind schedule. He also made it clear that USC meant no disrespect to the Sun Bowl nor Georgia Tech and stayed until the event concluded. "Unfortunately, we were late. The event was scheduled to go a lot longer. We went as fast we could," he said.
- In regards to Leonard Williams tweet criticizing El Paso, Kiffin was extremely disappointed by the player's remarks. He made it clear that those views do not represent how the coaches, staff and the great majority of the team feels. He acknowledged that Williams apologized via Twitter as well and that he will learn from the mistake.
- Here is Kiffin's complete press conference...