The Trojans leave for Salt Lake City tomorrow afternoon.
- Again under extreme heat, USC went through basically a half speed practice for most of the morning session. The coaches have spent the last two days drilling in the game plan and schemes for Utah.
- The bye week has been good for healing players. "We are in the best physical shape that we've been in all year long," said Lane Kiffin.
- Kiffin is fond of the coaching axiom that road teams must "pack their defense and their run game." To that end, he is hoping for a healthy Khaled Holmes. With the center in the lineup, the Trojans ran for 250+ yards against Syracuse and Cal, but only 26 in the loss to Stanford without him.
- OG John Martinez will be making a homecoming to Utah this week. Just like the players from the New York area earlier this season, Kiffin wants him to treat it like a business trip. "We really downplay it. We just talk to him about doing his job," Kiffin said.
- The final words from Kiffin on his team: "I think they are in a good place. We need to play well. [Utah] will come out extremely physical and excited and throw everything at us."
- Here are the rest of his words as the Trojans finish up the preparations for Utah...