The Trojans have wrapped up live practice for the week.
- Lane Kiffin has not made a decision yet on who will start at left tackle. If Max Tuerk gets the nod, he will be the first true freshman in USC history to start at left tackle.
- Kiffin on Tuerk: "We are really comfortable with this situation. If he plays, I think he will play really well just like he has."
- The last true freshman to start at right tackle was Winston Justice in 2002. Hall of Famer Bruce Matthews started as a freshman at weak tackle in 1979 when the offensive tackles would change sides depending on where the tight end lined up.
- The USC defense is tied for second in the nation in sacks per game. The defensive line was supposed to be a team weakness, but the group has turned out to be a strength. "If you go back to training camp, they were a big question," said Lane Kiffin. "To do what they've done already has been great. And obviously, we are going to need them with some big time offenses coming up."
- Here is the rest from Kiffin on his sized down defense, Matt Barkley's mindset and more...