USC finished its "best week" of preparation this season, according to the head coach.
- After yesterday's 26-second press conference, Lane Kiffin started with a joke, "Let's see if we can make it past a minute today."
- The head coach has not made any decisions at left tackle, but he is happy with how Aundrey Walker has responded to the challenge. He also likes what he has seen from true freshman Max Tuerk.
- In talking about Walker and Tuerk, Kiffin insinuated that both players could shift to another position before the end of their Trojan careers. "We have two really young kids...that are very talented and could play a number of positions on the line here eventually."
- Kiffin learned offense under Cal head coach Jeff Tedford at Fresno State. The familiarity could be seen as a reason for the Trojans and Bears not being as explosive against one and other as they are against other opponents. "There must be something to it because there have been a number of low scoring games," said Kiffin.
- The team is "anxious" to erase the memory of last Saturday's defeat with another game. "It has been a long week from that standpoint," said Kiffin. "Saturday cannot come fast enough."
- (Photo by John McGillen)
- Here is 6:55 of Kiffin and the media...