News from all over the sporting landscape...
- USC women's lacrosse head coach Lindsey Munday and assistant Devon Wills will suit up for the U.S. national team as they build toward the 2013 World Cup in Canada.
- The New York Times discussed the NCAA's penalty of vacating wins using USC as a case study.
- The LA Times Bill Dwyre believes Pat Haden has USC on the right track with better days ahead.
- Coaching legend and former Trojan hoopster Tex Winter will be inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame next week. Here's all the info:
- Former USC water polo player Alison Riddle is pushing the sport of competitive lifeguarding.
- Pedro Moura previewed the men's basketball team as they prepare for the trip to Brazil.
- Scott Wolf has an injury update on Trojan track star Bryshon Nellum.
- Michael Lev previews fall camp, which gets underway Thursday.
- Whitney Blaine takes a look at the Horton brothers who will both be huge factors in the 2011 USC defense.
- Steve Bisheff still views Lane Kiffin as a mystery heading into year two of his tenure.
- The 50th annual 6-Man volleyball tournament at Manhattan Beach was dominated by Trojans last weekend. The winning men's squad was led by a USC core of Murphy Troy, Austin Zahn (pictured below), Tri Bourne and Riley McKibbin. They defeated the three-time defending champs. The women's champions were led by former Trojan Diane Copenhagen (pictured right).