Good reads today...
- USC's defense would look a lot better with Frankie Telfort at linebacker, but he is still contributing to the team despite a medical condition which keeps him from participating.
- As we continue to wait on the NCAA appeal, Michael Lev checks in again with AD Pat Haden.
- Pedro Moura featured USC's only true scholarship fullback Soma Vainuku.
- Scott Wolf breaks down the improvement Matt Barkley needs to make in the final drive of the 4th quarter.
- The Daily Trojan has two interesting stories to click on. First, Seth Rubinroit sat down with Heisman winner Matt Leinart. Second, Joey Kaufman spoke with the leader of "Arrogant Nation."
- USC DB T.J. McDonald was named to the initial Lott Trophy watch list for the 2011 college football season.
- Matt Barkley got some TV time on Fox Sports West as he sat down with Patrick O'Neal outside of STAPLES Center.
- Speaking of USC quarterbacks, Todd Marinovich is using his left arm to draw now instead of toss a football. The QB turned artist has opened up his own online gallery.
- We showed you a video of the student-athletes tour of the Fisher Museum, which included a look at the tapestry display, but USC.edu ran a story on it.
- ESPN Radio is profiling USC scholar-athletes in a series of vignettes starting with this one (click to download) on swimmer Alex Lendrum.
- In conjunction with "Swim With Mike" this weekend, USC swim legend Peter Daland is celebrating his 90th birthday and still going strong!
(Photo by LA Times)