If you checked out of Troy over the holidays, here's what you missed...
- The women's basketball team is off to their best start since the 1993-94 season on the heels of six straight wins, including a conference opening sweep at the Washington schools.
- At 10-3 (2-0), Michael Cooper's squad will head to Pauley Pavilion Saturday for a showdown with the #12 UCLA Bruins. The game is at 1:30 p.m. pacific time and will air live on FSN.
- By the way, the Pac-10 looks pretty tough this season with #4 Stanford finally putting an end to UConn's amazing 90-game winning streak last week plus UCLA, Arizona, Arizona State and USC coming out of the opening conference weekend with perfect Pac-10 records.
- On the men's basketball side, the Trojans split their homestand with the Washington schools. Last Tuesday, they dropped a heartbreaking overtime opener to the Huskies, who look like early conference favorites and are now the only ranked team in the Pac-10. Click here for pictures!
- However, Kevin O'Neill's team bounced back to close out a four-point win over Washington State. Donte Smith carried the offense with three clutch second half treys, while Marcus Simmons locked down the Cougs' top scorer Klay Thompson to 6-of-18 shooting.
- Up next: USC vs. UCLA on Sunday night at Galen Center. Tip-off is 7:30 p.m. pacific time. Students, as always, are in FREE with USC ID! You can purchase tickets by clicking this link!!
- Also, we demolished the building behind Heritage Hall next to the intramural field, which will be the site of the new John McKay Hall. Here's a look at what's left as we break ground on the new academic and athletics building January 12.