A few stats and points and then a word or two from Jio...
- The Trojans were due. Heck, they were overdue. After a gut-wrenching loss to Kansas, they deserved to see an opponent's buzzer beater clank off the back iron.
- While many schools prefer to use the non-conference to pad their win totals with easy home games, Kevin O'Neill chose to build his team's character with four tough road games. In all, USC went 1-3, but look at the growth. On Saturday at Kansas, freshmen Maurice and Bryce Jones combined for two points and played timidly. Having learned from their experience, they combined for 26 points and 10 rebounds in a bold display.
- Why do coaches avoid hostile road games? Tennessee shot 20 more free throws than USC.
- Alex Stepheson played 39 minutes. At 6'10" 250 lbs., that's impressive.
- The third big man will be a key to the Trojans' season. With Nikola Vucevic in foul trouble, Marcus Simmons, Garrett Jackson and Bryce Jones split time as the power reserve. Jackson's development would be a huge boost to a thin team.
- Click this link for the post-game press conference!
- Here's Jio Fontan with Rob McPherson...