Compiled by USCTrojans.com blog contributor Stephanie Graves
Aloha! Here are some of top stories surrounding the Trojans' island victory last night:
- Gary Klein of the LA Times lauds the offensive's stellar performance (including Barkley's 5 TDs to tie the school record for most in a game), but notes that the defense might need to go back to the drawing board.
- Despite mixed reviews, another LA Times writer, Bill Plaschke, compliments the effort of the young Men of Troy.
- The OC Register notes that one of Lane Kiffin's favorite phrases still applies: They still have a long way to go.
- USC QB Matt Barkley shows his on-the-field maturity is only matched by his off-the-field poise in his first 2010 post game interview. And no, he isn't sure why the Trojans went for all those 2-point conversions...
- USC's own Daily Trojan gives an overview of last night's potent offense brought to you by Barkley, Ronald Johnson and Marc Tyler.
- Lastly, Hawaii's own Star Advertiser wonders about the fate of Warrior QB Bryant Moniz who now has a slight concussion after he "ran into a streetcar named linebacker Michael Morgan."