The Trojans are back at two-a-days Monday, Wednesday and Friday this week.
- DE Nick Perry is out of his walking boot, which he takes as a great sign. He says the recovery is going faster than he expected. He suffered an ankle sprain last week.
- WR Brandon Carswell and DB Marshall Jones were back this morning. Jones is key to providing some buffer between the starting safeties, T.J. McDonald and Jawanza Starling, and the freshmen, Dion Bailey and Demetrius Wright.
- Matt Barkley and Allen Bradford fumbled a hand-off exchange which led to them both running laps. Instead of waiting around, Lane Kiffin jumped under center and ran two plays including completing an out pattern to Dillon Baxter.
- Marquis Simmons was back with the team, but not practicing. I did see him flash his scar to a teammate. He had his appendix removed last Friday.
- Stanley Havili will be protected from serious contact throughout the rest of camp, but he says he'll be ready for the opener. Once your shoulder dislocates, it's more prone to happening again, so Havili says he'll have to wear a strap to keep it in place.
- We got to meet two of the freshmen today, CB Nickell Robey and WR Robert Woods, so I'll have video and stories posted about them later.
- Robey is not only the starting nickel corner in Kiffin's mind, but he is potentially the starting #2 corner opposite Shareece Wright. Kiffin said that every unit wants a piece of Robey. He's in the mix to return punts and kicks, block kicks and cover kicks. Other than that, he hasn't made an impression...
- Here is Kiffin's abbreviated media session since the freshmen were the star attractions of the day...