USC's annual Pro Day has wrapped up after several hours of testing, measurements and drills in the weight room and on the field. Here are some significant notes from the day:
- Cornerback Kevin Thomas had the day's fastest 40, running a 4.43. Defensive end Everson Griffen and safety Will Harris both posted 4.59s for the next-best times.
- Offensive lineman Nick Howell put up the most reps on the bench press with 38. Safety Will Harris had 35 and defensive lineman Averell Spicer had 32 for the other top marks on the bench press.
- All but three NFL teams sent at least one representative to the event, with nearly 70 total professional personnel in attendance.
- Carolina Panthers head coach John Fox and legendary former general manager Charley Casserly, now an analyst for the NFL Network, were among the notable NFL personnel in attendance.
- Former backup quarterback Michael McDonald threw to the receivers and running backs during position drills.
- Inside Heritage Hall, players were measured for heights and weights before getting tested on the standing long jump, vertical jump and bench press. Then the pre-Draft showcase moved outside to Cromwell Field, where players went through the 40-yard dash, pro agility drill, 60-yard shuttle and three-corner cone drill.
- The rain held off for the outdoor portion of Pro Day, with cool temperatures, mostly cloudy skies and a strong breeze setting the stage on Cromwell Field.